Monday, May 28, 2012

Post Infusion




A Platelet Bag being hung.
Since the infusion it has been a bit of a roller coaster, each day getting better but still healing. The past week has  consisted of a fever most of  the time headaches on and off and just being very tired. Most of this is due to all  of my counts being low and the whole reboot process. My white blood cell count has been too low to count for several days now and my platelet count has been low enough where they have given me platelet infusions 3 times now. Platelets are responsible for what allows your blood to clot. I have had 2 out of 3 rounds of Neupogen shots which is a completely normal part of the procedure. The Neupogen  is used to speed up my bodies production of white and red blood cells again. Today I was given some more steroids  for the fevers which has helped a lot, it has been a pretty good day so far, hopefully tomorrow will be good too!! Only 3-4 more days to go!!
Two RN's verifying the blood product information.




No comments:

Post a Comment