Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Post-Infusion Monday Night

         During most of the rest of Monday I felt ok with some slight nausea and some pain in my legs but overall well. However during the night around 1-2am I began to develop a fever and pain in my legs and parts of my hands(where the neuropathy is the worst) This progressed to the point of severe, severe pain in my legs, and ice packs used to keep the fever down. Amy and Dr. Burt came in during the morning to check on my progress, during this time I was told that they have seen this type of reaction in some of the patients. I was also told that the round of steroids and assorted drugs that I would be receiving that afternoon seems to always resolve the problem. However due to the intense leg pain and the inability to be mobile I was given a morphine pump until the nerve pain resided.They also did a couple of lab cultures to make sure an infection wasn't the cause of the fever. Once the pain was under control the fever begin to slowly decrease which also helped things. After the steroids and pain management I began to feel much better through the evening, this was a great relief to both my parents and my self seeing that the night before had been so rough.  

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there kiddo, cuz you know the worth of what you are going through. Know the Telecomm Shop folks are keeping you in our thoughts and look forward to celebrating your new Birthday! J.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so wonderfully brave and have such a great attitude. I look forward to your updates to make sure my prayers have reached the right Guy and weren't stopped at the gate. And "WOW" just think you are contributing to a study that will save some more lives. Keeping you in my prayers - Micki (the other "Ick" - ask your mom who I am)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang tough, Daniel. We're all thinking about you and holding good thoughts for you! Shauna Austin

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUh--I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment! Kent & I are eagerly reading your updates and keeping you in our "higher power" thoughts!! Love you Daniel. Keep fighting. You're certainly on the cutting edge of the new world. Sandy O.

    ReplyDelete